Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This blog is in response to Sean Cowles's post about Product (RED).

Sean talks about how customers will buy the product just because it has the GAP name on it. I also wanted to say that many people in today's society would buy the Product (RED) shirt just because it is giving to the charity. People value a company's dedication to social responsibility much more these days than in past times. But, as I mentioned before, not much of the profits actually went to The Global Fund. In order for people to really support this cause, I think that the proportion of profits that would go to the cause would have to increase. In today's society with more technology and increasing calls for responsibility for false advertising, I think this campaign would have trouble starting up if it were to try today. But if it did have the right proportions, it could really take off with the amount of people who really value helping those in need.

Do you know of any companies who put social responsibility ahead of their own organizational prosperity?

1 comment: