Thursday, March 28, 2013

Extreme Advertising

In the past couple of years, I have noticed a trend across advertising, maybe more specifically in sports advertising. This trend I've seen is using very extreme tactics for visuals. The video I will provide at the bottom of this post is the main example I've noticed. The commercial is for a brand of shoes by Jordan with famous athletes that includes Blake Griffin and Russel Westbrook who are superstars in the league at the moment. The commercial deploys tactics of what I call "visual overload." Everything you see is so extreme and over the top. From the color schemes of the clothing products to the lighting and sound track used. Everything is extremely in your face. The main examples I see are the rainbow colored uniform, the lit up basketball and the 20 or so band members carrying boom boxes that enter at the end. I've seen this in technology and other types of products but more commonly in sports commercials these days.

Are there any new trends that you have noticed in today's commercials that you hadn't seen in times past?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3j989Px9ow

No comments:

Post a Comment