Thursday, April 18, 2013

Response to Cody Crawford's blog...

Although social media is a great way to promote a product, in what ways would it be unsuccessful?

I think there are a couple negatives that could come from social media marketing. First is the idea over over advertising. Sometimes when a product or service is advertised too much a consumer can start to block it out and ignore the advertisements. This can cause the company a lot of money depending on where the advertisement is. This problem can be solved by choosing cheaper social media platforms, like Twitter, in which only consumers who are interested in the advertisements would see the offers. But then again, this wouldn't be a way to gain new customers. 

Another negative would be advertising to the wrong people. I know companies can pay for their tweets to be "promoted" on twitter and no matter if you follow the company's account or not, it shows up on your feed. But in my own experience, it is very ineffective because I don't think I've ever read one once I noticed it was a promoted tweet. Therefore, these companies could be wasting money with each of these. 

How could you make the consumer benefit from social media marketing with certain offers or other strategies?

No comments:

Post a Comment